Stationery Range Brief - Initial Ideas

For my final brief I am proposing to create a range of paper based stationery, based on the theme of structures. I have chosen this theme as I am always interested in detailed, yet simple design, natural & man made objects that have a great deal of intricacy with a focus on paper based stationery products as this is something I want to create once I leave University.

I also want to get the research and initial ideas developed quickly (under two weeks) so I can have time to develop imagery and experiment with materials and processes, as this is important to my design practice.

To make my idea/concept clear I have broken it down into sections as follows -

IDEA
- Create a wide range of paper based stationery products with one theme as a focus and a proposal of other ranges that could be created.
- Focus on the concept of a range and the materials to be used are to be simple and effective with the design being the focus - like geometric cards
- stationery as this is what I will be doing as a job once I leave, freelance design will be work on the side

CONCEPT/THEME/RESEARCH - STRUCTURES
- patterns
- geometry
- typography
- structures in nature
- structures in architecture
- structures in book layout
- structures in grid systems of layouts
- structures in chemistry/science
- Japanese interiors and architecture
- people who create interior products
- people who create patterns
- simplicity in design (the book 'Simplicity' by Edward De Bono)
- structure of typography
- research into stationery products and what can be created
- photograph structures around the home, the city, food, objects

OUTCOMES/PRODUCTS
paper bags
note books
note pads
post its
calendars
diaries
wall planners
tape
labels
stickers
photo album
postcard sets
writing set
envelopes
card folders
jotters (cheap paper)
pen/pencil set
timetables
to do lists
greeting cards
gift vouchers
planner
gift tags

No comments:

Post a Comment